November 1st Workshops at Guadalupe's Fun Rubber Stamps in Santa Fe New Mexico


I am really looking forward to returning to Guadalupe's Fun Rubber Stamps in Santa Fe, New Mexico on November 1st! Santa Fe is one of my favorite places to visit. 

After I teach at Guadalupe's Fun Rubber Stamps, I'm trekking to Taos (for the first time) to teach there for three days at B Strong Studios for Art Odysseys. I'm really excited about my upcoming trip and the new adventures and inspiration that it will offer. I channel that excitement and inspiration into my workshop time. Every place offers something unique and different in terms of creativity and feeding the well.


My workshops teach a variety of ideas in collage, creative processing, self expression, composition, design, layering, painting and much, much more. I strive to make each workshop unique and fun.
My workshops are always process-based learning while creating a unique product. I am well known for not traveling light and bring a large variety of supplies including (but not limited to) acrylic paints and mediums, collage material, rubber stamps, stencils, pens, markers, tape and more.

Please note there is a small supply list below the class descriptions.

Beginners to advanced are welcome in ALL of my classes.

Interested in signing up? Please contact Guadalupe's Fun Rubber Stamps.  

Questions? Please email Kelly for more info! EGorey99@sbcglobal.net










With every page that I make, I try to set the tone to be one of possibility, creativity and connection. 

You'll start by making a journal from scratch using both recycled as well as some of my favorite art supplies. Then, you'll dive right in, learning new mixed media techniques and create entirely unique to you pages that set your intentions for the coming year. Think of it as a vision board meets planner all combined and rolled up into a very expressive (and impressive) art journal. Learn to combine the visual with the written to create soulful and inspirational pages.

Lao Tzu once said,"To see things in the seed, that is genius." What ideas will spark your interest in this all day, (painted) hands on workshop? Be prepared to have fun, get messy and leave inspired! 



Supply list: an apron, scissors, a small selection of favorite collage ephemera (think about reading this when choosing your images and papers
), bone folder, cork back metal ruler, a full roll of paper towels OR old rags,  a container for your paint water,  1 to 2" brush to glue and paint (I like chip or bristle brushes) as well as a few, smaller, detailed brushes, a few of your favorite glue sticks (large glue sticks will last you longer), roll of waxed paper OR an old catalog or magazine to glue on (if you don't want to use all of your waxed paper for this.)

I am known for not traveling light. That means I will be bringing my favorite art supplies to share with you: acrylics, gel medium, stencils, pens, markers, rubber stamps, ink pads and some collage material.

followed by:



In this special workshop, work quick and fast, without judgment, the idea being to keep your inner critic silent. You will create a series of pages that are unique to you while learning a variety of new layering techniques involving collage, acrylics, markers, stencils, stamps and more.

After we spend some time creating this way, we will step back and think about our pages. Learn to look and process your pages with new eyes. We'll then rework our pages into all new original journal pages.

Supply list: a journal or paper to work on, an apron, scissors, a selection of favorite collage ephemera (think about reading this when choosing your images
), cork back metal ruler, roll of paper towels or an old rag,  1" brush to glue and paint (I like chip or bristle brushes) as well as a few of your favorite smaller brushes, a container to hold paint water, a few of your favorite glue sticks (large glue sticks will last you longer), roll of waxed paper OR an old catalog or magazine to paint and glue on (if you don't want to use all of your waxed paper for this.)

I am known for not traveling light. That means I will be bringing my favorite art supplies to share with you: acrylics, gel medium, stencils, pens, markers, rubber stamps, ink pads and some collage material.

I hope to see you there!

Comments

MY MUSINGS said…
Love your collages! Hearts are your theme?? Hope you really enjoy your workshop!

Popular Posts