A Look Back at An Artist's Study and Remembering



"I am my own muse. I am the subject I know best. The subject I want to know better." -Frida Kahlo

On the last page of my journal, An Artist's Study, I wrote some of my thoughts that gave birth to this journal. I also included a list of the original pieces that I used on my pages:

16. Roots

I hope that you have enjoyed my journey as I combined the work of a favorite artist with my own pieces. Some days the work came together quickly. Other pieces, I really struggled with. In the end, I'm really glad that I did this and am eager to do it again with some other artists whose work has inspired me.

If you click here, An Artist's Study, you can see all of the pages in the journal. (I began it on the 10th of September and finished it on the 13th of October 2015.)

*****

Remembering Emily Quinlan on this date. It's been ten years since my Dad called me to tell me what had happened. I think of her often. How I miss them both. 



Comments

Popular Posts