What I'm Reading: Frida Kahlo and Wim Wenders


I'm spending my weekend in Frida Kahlo's Garden and deep in conversation with Wim Wenders.

I wish. Thankful for the books that allow our minds to wander and dream.

Very happy that David found our copy of, "Wim Wenders: On Film." I had Wenders sign it when we met him at Book Soup (that was a dream come true!) Wenders asked me if I had read it and I was embarrassed when I had to answer no. When we got home, the book was put in a "safe place" and thankfully, David found it the other day! I've already read several chapters and am having a hard time putting it down.

I think of the many people we've met over the years and Wenders always stands out. He had a genuine interest in talking to us and I will always appreciate him for that (not to mention his many films and books.) 

I'm excited to visit New York City this summer. I'll only be there for a day but I can't wait to see the Frida exhibit at the Botanical Gardens. My morning and afternoon will be spent there and in the evening, I'll be at The Ink Pad. Definitely an ideal day.

You may also enjoy:
Wim Wender's Wings of Desire
Frida on my Shelf
 

Comments

Rolina said…
Your upcoming visit sounds fabulous - I look forward to reading all about it when you return!
Barb said…
http://gothamist.com/2015/05/15/photos_frida_kahlo_blooms_at_the_ny.php#photo-1

Popular Posts