New Book Love


Last night I took a little break from my Big To Do List and trekked with David to Burbank for their, "Holiday in the Park" on Magnolia. It was a lot of fun! We've been to their event Ladies Night Out several times where all of the shops are open late and small vendors line the street. Last night they even had strolling Christmas carolers. 

We popped into one of our favorite bookstores, Dark Delicacies where I was happy to see that they still had a handful of copies of "The Art of the Book of Life" signed by Jorge R. Gutierrez (director and writer), Douglas Langdale (writer.) I love making of film books. They're chock full of art and inspiration. 

We also picked up soda (Americana Root beer for me and Sprockets cream soda for David) at Rocket Fizz (love that place) and wandered up and down the street wandering into new stores to check out their offerings. 

When we're in Burbank, we always pop into our favorite used bookstore, Iliad in North Hollywood. I have been to a lot of bookstores and this one is always my favorite. I (finally) found two Damon Runyon books (I am a huge old time radio fan and The Damon Runyon Theater is a favorite.) I also found an art book that had been in my wishlist for a bit called, "Seeing With the Mind's Eye." I didn't notice it until Dan (the owner) pointed out that the book was signed (and had been owned by) Frank Kelly Freas (Mad Magazine readers will recognize that name. He was a well known science fiction illustrator.) I also bought a couple of flower and photography books to cut up. 

Speaking of collage, issue #1 of FABA arrived yesterday. That was fast. I just blogged about it a couple of days ago. I've only flipped through it but I like what I see so far!

What books and magazines are you reading?

Comments

Popular Posts