17 May 2014 Journal Page


Birthday wishes to the Love of my Life! I found some quotes for you of folks who share the same birth date:

"When we speak of man, we have a conception of humanity as a whole, and before applying scientific methods to the investigation of his movement, we must accept this as a physical fact. But can anyone doubt to-day that all the millions of individuals and all the innumerable types and characters constitute an entity, a unit? Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot be seen, but we can feel them. I cut myself in the finger, and it pains me: this finger is a part of me. I see a friend hurt, and it hurts me, too: my friend and I are one. And now I see stricken down an enemy, a lump of matter which, of all the lumps of matter in the universe, I care least for, and it still grieves me. Does this not prove that each of us is only part of a whole?" -Nikola Tesla

and, of course, this:

“Of all things, I liked books best.” -Nikola Tesla

 “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” - Marcel Proust

 “If a little dreaming is dangerous, the cure for it is not to dream less, but to dream more, to dream all the time.” - Marcel Proust

 “Thanks to art, instead of seeing one world only, our own, we see that world multiply itself and we have at our disposal as many worlds as there are original artists, worlds more different one from the other than those which revolve in infinite space, worlds which, centuries after the extinction of the fire from which their light first emanated, whether it is called Rembrandt or Vermeer, send us still each one its special radiance.” - Marcel Proust

 “Only through art can we emerge from ourselves and know what another person sees”- Marcel Proust

"I don't understand a word you say... but I know what you mean!" -from The Big Parade actor John Gilbert was born on this day 

 “But think of the last guy. For one minute, think of the last guy. Nobody's got it worse than that guy. Nobody in the whole world.”-Arlo Guthrie

 " Jerry and I did a comic book together..."-Joe Shuster born on this day in 1914 (who along with Jerry Siegel created Superman.)

 Happy birthday, David. XO. Always, me.

Comments

Popular Posts