31 March 2014 Journal Page


One tip I suggest to folks when they're working across the fold is to first fold whatever papers or images that they're going to be placing in that area in half before they glue. Also watch to make sure that when you're gluing your paper, you cover every inch (I missed a couple of spots resulting in the above extra wrinkles. Ce la vie.)

I am teaching at The Making Place in Escondido this Saturday. This is my last San Diego class for awhile (I don't have any on the schedule for May through July. My June and July schedules are full with out of state teaching.) Catch them while you can!



I've been looking forward to John Canemaker's Magic Color Flair: The World of Mary Blair due out next month. I have his original book about Mary Blair (there's an updated version of that due out next month as well) and I've been wondering how different Magic Color Flair is. Jerry Beck answers that question here. I can't wait to go to the exhibit in June! More on Mary Blair here and here.

Comments

Popular Posts