Only Lovers Left Alive



David and I went to a LACMA screening of Only Lovers Left Alive on Monday night. I LOVED the film. My interest was piqued with the stunning visuals (I'm waiting for someone to have some screenshots of the books that Eve packs) as well as the intimacy between the two main characters in the film. There have been very few new films that I've absolutely loved lately (American Hustle and Frances Ha are the two exceptions.) A good film to me is one that you can't stop thinking about. Only Lovers Left Alive was just purely delicious and quite fun!  

After the film, Tilda Swinton was there in conversation with Henry Rollins. Anton Yelchin was also in the audience and Tilda persuaded him to join them on stage (we were in the second row so at that point, my photos with Anton have two rather large heads in them.)  I enjoyed hearing how Rollins dissected the film and posed some extremely thoughtful questions at Swinton (David said that Rollins made the film sound more interesting to him than it actually was.)

I will be first in line to buy the DVD when it comes out. I'm (impatiently) waiting for the soundtrack to be released as well.

Comments

Popular Posts