2 January 2014 Journal Page


I've posted several times about Lynda Barry and how much I love, admire and respect her work. Yesterday on her fabulous tumblr page (Bookmark it! Trust me!) she posted a link to an article about how handwriting boosts the brain

In my class yesterday, I was talking with my students about how many folks find the act of putting pen to paper to be a difficult one. I've heard folks say that they're going to print their words from the computer, etc... The thing that a lot of people don't realize is that the act of putting pen to paper is a VERY different thought process than using a computer. Instead of listening to me ramble about it, check out the link above and try it. See how far you can push yourself by putting pen to paper.

Some more thoughts on the handwritten word in your journal.

Quick bit of housekeeping:

Two NEW classes this weekend at The Making Place in Escondido and Word is Art in Los Angeles. More here. I hope to see you there! 

Comments

Barb Smith said…
Thank you, once again, Kelly...you have again succeeded in making me think and re-think my stance on some things. I'm not always happy with my own handwriting but it is mine and can't be duplicated by anyone; It is supremely me. And thanks loads for turning me on to Linda Berry's Tumblr...so loving it!
peace & love,
Barb
Antares Cryptos said…
Preaching to the converted. ;)
Thank you for the link. Scientifically and anecdotally true.

Popular Posts