Patience


I've often said that I find my time in my art journal to be very meditative. It's my time to quiet myself down, focus on what I'm doing and where I am, and to just revel in the moment. 

I love the simple act of cutting. I've never been an x-acto knife kind of gal. I use my scissors to do all of my intricate cutting. I cut slowly, turning the paper as needed. (I use my ruler for straight cuts.) I don't cut anything out ahead of time. I don't plan my pages ahead of time so I never know what I want to use or how I want to use it. I prefer to discover what I'm going to do with a specific piece of paper when I'm ready to work with it and I never quite know when that moment will be until I have said paper in my hands.

Comments

I'm the same way. I don't know ahead of time what I will do, use, or end up with. I usually have a color or couple of colors I am in the mood for, and may look for that color of paper or paint....and then, something just hits me and happens. Enjoy your weekend, Kelly!
irene said…
these words sound so meditative. miss you and hope all is well. xo

Popular Posts