Very Yummy Books


There's nothing better than being excited about a new book, holding that book in your hands and seeing how really good it is. So good that you could lick the pages. Almost. 

I've sang the praises of all of the Uppercase publications over the years. I adore their Work/Life compilations. When they arrive, I like to slowly savor them (as opposed to devour them.) I love reading the artist's thoughts as well as seeing photos of their artwork, studio bits and inspiration. I will be looking at this for a long time. Make sure that you check out their blog for more bits into the book!

Freehand arrived and I was shocked at how small it is! It's very cute (size wise.) It's full of ideas for drawing, composition and more. So far, I'm just enjoying looking at all of the artwork. Gorgeous. Inspiring.

I started reading Chaplin: My Autobiography last night. I had a hard time putting it down. It's a fascinating read.

What art books are you looking forward to?

Comments

TopazPearleGirl said…
Just finished up Out of Oz by Gregory Maguire, the last book in the Wicked series. I really enjoyed the view from the dark side of Oz. Currently reading The Interestings by Meg Woliitzer and looking forward to Caveat emptor : the secret life of an American art forger (I can't remember the authors name).

Popular Posts