16 April 2013 Journal Page


One quick note that I'd like to add regarding yesterday's post. Folks often complain about the white Sharpie water-based paint pens. Over time the white in the pen will start to separate and act very watery. It's the ONLY one of the Sharpie paint pens that acts repeatedly like that no matter what you do. I have been telling folks for years NOT to stock up on the white pens. You can shake them vigorously and keep them on their side but once in a while, the white pens start to act up no matter what you do. Just a heads up for folks who are thinking of buying multiples of them. The other Sharpie paint markers do not act like that at all.

One last bit of advice, I only use the water-based markers. I do not use oil based anything at all. If you use oil based markers (or crayons) on a surface without gesso or dried acrylic, you run into the risk of the oil in the product eventually eating through your paper. Just an FYI. Not to mention the smell and toxicity get me every time. Yuck! For me, it's always water-based (even when I was using acrylics and various products.)

Off to day two of Becoming! Having a great time!!! Happy weekend, folks!

Comments

melissa said…
Oh that's funny, I didn't even think about the oil paint/ gesso connection with the pens.

Popular Posts