Where I Work


It's no secret that my favorite place to work is on my living room floor. I can spread my art stuff out and relax. I tend to work primarily out of the black and white bag that's in the left corner of the photo. Some of the stuff pulled from that bag include the two ink pads (love that neon pink but it only works on paper so I use Staz-On for everything else), the three pen bags, three of my favorite rolls of deco tape and the small black case that holds some of my favorite washi tapes. 

There are two journals in the photo. The blue triptych book is finished while the one in which I'm currently working is open in the photo.

Everything else you see on the floor stays at home. I have a couple of cases of stamps (I also have a large stamp cabinet not in the picture from which I'll pull out a couple of stamps daily to use), alcohol wipes (to clean sticky fingers), a cheap paper tray ($1!) that stores some of my favorite paper and washi tapes, my headphones (I like to listen to Old Time Radio as I create), etc... 

I live in a tiny apartment so spreading out too much isn't an option. I like working mostly from my bag as I can grab it, throw my crap in it and be ready for on the go art journaling! Yes, I do downsize when I can't carry a lot of stuff (I've done posts on that before) but working from this bag makes me happy. It works for me and that's all that matters.

Where is your favorite place to create?

Comments

Popular Posts