A Favorite Glue Tip

20 December 2012 Journal Page


One quick little tip for those of you who love glue sticks as much as I do. Some glue sticks often have more glue in them once it seems like they're empty. In the photo above, my 40 gram Coccoina glue stick has more glue that can be scraped with a folded piece of heavy paper (or even a plastic knife, Popsicle stick, etc...) I'll have another glue stick nearby (one that's been used a bit.) The trick is to take the somewhat used glue stick and twist the end so that the glue is now below the line of the top of the container. Fill in the space with the glue from the almost dead glue stick. All I do is scoop it out from the dead glue stick using the folded piece of cardstock and smoosh it into the somewhat used glue stick. I do this until there's nothing left in the dead glue stick. Smooth and flatten out the glue as you fill it up. You'll notice that this glue seems to be a lot stickier than the rest of the glue. That's okay. It's still quite usable.

My favorite glue sticks of choice are: Coccoina, Tombo (permanent), Scotch (permanent), Avery (permanent). Anything labeled permanent is usually fair game. Coccoina is my favorite (a great source for it is here). I love the 40 gram size as it lasts a longggg time. Smells good, too.

Comments

Anne with an e said…
lol I do this too.. was a discovery of desperation since I am always using up my glue sticks before I can replace them >.<
Betsi Goutal said…
I knew that extra glue was in there but it always seemed too tricky. This makes SO much sense, thanks so much for sharing.
Hi Kelly! Thanks for the tip! Kathy
sharon said…
Great tip, thanks for sharing! Love your page too!
Thanks for your visit and kind words, it means a lot!

Popular Posts