Some of My Favorite Unmounted Rubber Stamps

I'm here in Fremont! I'm all set up and ready for the morning! I forgot to take a calm before the storm picture of the studio tables. It's always more fun when we get started and get messy any ways!

So, above is a photo of some of my favorite unmounted rubber stamps. I've had these for years. Some stamps from Ma Vinci's Reliquary, Anima Designs, Lynne Perrella, Teesha Moore, etc... Ma Vinci and Anima Designs are both still around and are wonderful companies. I've been hoarding these for years and I brought them with me to use in my new journal. I still prefer wood mounted stamps but I love stamps and will use them however I can get 'em!

Comments

Desert Mermaid said…
I've purged myself of every unmounted stamp I'd owned ... it took me 5 years to part with the last 4, but I just DO NOT have the patience for fiddling with them.
Cat said…
What great stamps--I wish I knew then what I know now--I'd have collected a whole lot more cool background stamps!! To think I started my collection with stamps for greeting cards. I shudder to think of the money I wasted--not that there is anything wrong with card making b/c there ISN'T--my BFF makes the most beautiful cards but it's just not where MY interest lies these days!!
Unknown said…
Love your stamps!! -- especially the hands. I FINALLY mounted most of my unmounted rubber stamps. It took forever, especially since I wanted to index them (have the image appear on the back of the stamp). I am not so coordinated and it helps to line them up.

Rachel from Colorado
Introverted Art said…
I am getting real interested in stamping. I have 2 that I made (not carved though) and 2 that I bought, but I see some of your stamps and I just get a little giddy :-)
Coral Lee said…
I love that your stamps are inky and stained. Nice to see I'm not the only one :)

I love unmounted stamps - most of the time I use them without a block to get a more natural partial imprint (rather than a squared off image).

I'm in the process of designing my own stamps to use especially for art journalling - can't wait to finalise the designs and use them in my own journals. These will be extra special to see printed within my pages.

Thanks for sharing your collection - stamp envy....
Sharon W. said…
I too prefer wood mounts....and so my collection of UM's seems to go unused. Any tips on how you use them???
Kelly Kilmer said…
Sharon, I ink them up and then slowly stamp them making sure to use my hand across the whole image as I press down. I've been using um for awhile so it takes some practice. I hate cling mounted! :P
Sandy said…
Love the stamps, they look so fun.

Popular Posts