6 February 2012 Journal Page and Day 1 of WonderCon in Anaheim

We're home from our first WonderCon. Usually WonderCon is held in the Bay Area but they brought it down to Anaheim this year. It's a much smaller convention than San Diego Comic-Con.

We walked the exhibit hall in a couple of hours (I didn't buy anything except for a My Little Pony shirt for Tristan. My son, the 15 year old Brony.) I kept seeing the same folks over and over. It was rather amusing.

We saw several panels today including Mike Mignola, Marv Wolfman and Scott Dunbier's IDW panel for their Artist's Editions Series (we're excited about Will Eisner's "The Spirit" (17 of them, all postwar including "The Story of Gerhard Shnobble"), Jack Davis' E.C. comics, Aragones' "Groo" and Mazzucchelli's "Daredevil: Born Again" editions that are coming out as well as the portfolios ("Thrill Kill" by Neal Adams and Damnit, I can't remember the title by Bernie Wrightson) that will debut this summer at San Diego Comic Con. We're saving our pennies now! We have all of the editions except Romita's "Amazing Spiderman" and we're hoping to remedy that before it sells out.

For now, I'm off to bed and to rest my tired feet! G'night all!

Comments

Sandy said…
Great page. Sounds like a lot of fun, even if it was smaller. I love hearing all about the people you see and what happens at these things. I've never been to one.

Popular Posts