11 November 2011 Journal Page

I really like how the page changed into something else. I started by adding the focal image of the woman, then layering on top with a portion of a transparency. I also went in and added more rub-ons. I had a lot of journaling to get out so that was the last bit that I added to the page.

*****
A quick heads up as I'm teaching my "Beautiful Life" journal class this Friday at Zinnia. With the holiday on Thursday, I wanted to give everyone a heads up now so if you're interested, please don't wait until the last minute to sign up (I don't want to have to cancel it). More information and a slideshow here. Zinnia's number is 626-441-2181. I hope to see you there!

******

Emily is new to So CA and is looking for work as an assistant. I thought that I would help her out by posting this:

Hi! I just moved to LA and am looking to get involved in the Art Community. I graduated with a B.A. in Expressive Arts and Music and am very interested in pursuing a further career in the healing modalities of arts. I am an avid songwriter, but also keep an art journal, want to learn more about mixed media, art for social change, and have done some non-profit work in the Theatre Arts area. I can also make films, am a pretty good photographer and a dancer. I am in search of part/full time work as an assistant of some kind (keep in mind I'm sort of Renassiance-ish so I'll do anything!) because I value learning from my elders! I have references and resume if you think you may be interested in some help! Or if you'd like to meet for tea or coffee, I'd love to meet more local artists. Thanks! -Emily embedal@gmail.com

*****
Blog Love:

The True Cost of Handmade-this truly is a must read. It fits with teaching art as well. ("Your classes are too expensive." is something I have heard myself. This woman's post is eloquent and hits the nail on the head.)


Paul and Joe (part of the Zinnia gang) will be at two upcoming art fairs in So Ca. More info is in Paul's post here.

Collaged Tea Bags

Amazing journals

Pear and Cranberry Crumble

Comments

Popular Posts