Four books in, four books out

I realized today that I forgot to post about the books I am letting go of after buying books in San Francisco and Berkeley.

I told you what I bought already, but here they are again:

Paris, mon appartement a moi published by Editions de Paris

Couleurs a Paris-Editions de Paris

Paris Style Kitchen and Dining published by up-on factory

Cook Until Desired Tenderness by Cleo Papanikolas -(Northatlanticbooks.com) bought at Castle in the Air in Berkeley

The books that are leaving are:

Happy Voodoo Gris Gris (I am not selling this one. I'm going to cut it up.)

Making & Keeping Creative Journals by Suzanne Tourtillot

Altered Books, Collaborative Journals and Other Adventures in Bookbinding by Holly Harrison

In This Garden by Angela Cartwright and Sarah Fishburn

I thought I'd try something here. Instead of bringing these to the used bookstore, I'm going to sell them here on the blog. The cheapest prices on amazon for the Altered Books and In This House are about $11 each, Making & Keeping (hardcover, btw) is $4.

BOOKS SOLD! THANK YOU!

Please stay tuned for more books!


I just ordered two books (I'll post about them soon) and I know there are a small (oh, how I can only hope) amount of new books coming out this year (I'll do that post soon). If people are interested in buying my books, I'll do this again.

I hope that you enjoyed my before and after journal page posts. I should clarify that the 'before' pages were all started in my classes as collage samples. I work alongside my students to demonstrate as I teach. None of the before pages were finished in any way. I usually would add journaling or something else to them when I got home. However, in the journal I'm working in now, I wanted to work and rework pages (even the ones that were finished) to see how far I can push them. I can still go back later on and rework them, if I want to. I probably won't (at least now). I'm always a big fan of making multiple color copies and reworking them. I also love using the same image and seeing how far I can push it. That's the neat thing about working in your journal: there are no mistakes, just endless possibilities!

Comments

Mary Dean said…
Kelly,

What a great idea to sell them here. I am sure you can get more for them, and this way share the love with other creative souls. I have been downsizing my book collection, and it is sad the small amount I've been able to get for them. I have these books, but maybe I can get some from you in the future. I too have instituted the "one in one out rule."
Anonymous said…
I just sent you an email ... hope I am not too late ... I was sort of hoping you would start doing this on the blog! I love your book collection! And love your taste in books too!
LuLu said…
Howdy Kelly,

Just got my 3 books in the mail from your de-stash: 1) Making & Keeping Creative Journals, 2)Altered books, Collaborative JOurnals and other Adventures in Bookmaking, 3) In This Garden: Explorations in Mixed Media Visual Narrative!

They look great - and are so clean! I also loved the swirly purple/clear tape you used to seal the package!

I'm so happy I found your blog. Very inspiring.

Peace,
LuLu
www.lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com

Popular Posts