16 May 2010 journal page

Update on Sanford Sharpie Water-based Poster Paint pens! In the last 24 hours, several people have forwarded me emails about a "new" Sharpie water-based Paint Pen. I've known about them for a few months, but have yet been able to actually get my hands on one, nor have I been able to get a response from Sanford (they keep telling me it is a "new" pen). All I know is that there is a "new" water-based paint pen available. My guess is that it's the same exact pen as the water-based poster paint pens, but that they have removed the word POSTER from the name. I think most people look at the packaging and think, "poster paint? That's for kids!" They don't think like we do and say, "Hey! New art supply!" So, as soon as I am able to find out more information, I will update my pen post. :) I just wanted to let you guys know that there are "new" paint pens out there! You can see the tip sizes and colors here.

Short but sweet Blog Love:
Tabitha Emma

I snuck a peek at Yoko Ono's The Other Rooms at Skylight Books last night. Honestly, I didn't think I would like it, but I flipped through it several times and it's a fascinating read. I'm going to add it to my wish list.


I'm spending the weekend working on my new online class. I'm very excited about it and can't wait to debut it! Stay tuned for more info.

Comments

jane eileen said…
Jeane's mom said...
Can't wait!
Sandy said…
Great page. Love everything on it.

I wonder if they kept on making the pens because they got so many emails from artists that wanted to keep using them?

Can't wait to hear about the class.

Hope you have a great weekend.
Anonymous said…
Intruiging pens...pens are cool, never get enough of pens excitement!!
Good luck with the preps for your online class Kelly...so much work to do...
XOXOrly
Melissa said…
ugh, I hate when websites don't have pricing information.

Since you sent me the paint sticks, I've been using them so often I think the white one might be on its way out. So I keep my eye out for them whenever I find an art store, though I think they keep these locked up behind the counter where people can't see them. And I'm pretty sure they're like, five bucks each.

Actually I did a search on the store I go to, and they only seem to carry oil based. Didn't know there was such a thing. Wonder what they're like? (probably sticky).

Hopefully dick blick might offer a decent selection some day!

Popular Posts