Barron Storey Exhibit at Norman Rockwell Museum

Second Post of the Day-Heads up New England Residents!!!





(The above pictures are from Barron Storey's exhibit in L.A. in fall 2007).

Saturday May 24 5:30 p.m.

Life After Black: The Visual Journals of Barron Storey

Info here and here.

Damnit, I wish I was going to be in Boston this weekend!!! Those of you who have been reading the blog for awhile have heard me mention Barron several times. He is one of my absolute most favorite artists.

I have both of his published books: Marat Sade Journals and Life After Black. I also collect various publications that feature his work. One of these days I hope to be able to afford original artwork from him. His work has been a tremendous influence and inspiration on me over the years. I do hope that those of you on the East Coast will make the trek to the museum. I know it will be WELL worth it. Then make damn well sure you let me know how it was ;)

Newsflash! Barron has a blog!!! What the hell rock have I been under?!?!

Comments

Bill Koeb said…
Wow! Thanks for posting about the Rockwell talk and Barron's blog. I just finished looking at all of it. Jeez, great stuff!

Bill
Hot damn! Didn't know about the blog! The publisher of the Life After Black book has been threatening to make a the Marat Sade journals available in a similar format... looking forward to seeing that (keeping fingers crossed)!

Miss ya, chickie!
Adriane
Anonymous said…
Thought you might enjoy this story we did on a Florida woman whose family served as models for Norman Rockwell -- enjoy!

http://growingbolder.com/media/Entertainment/Arts/The-Faces-That-Made-Norman-Rockwell-140764.html

Katy Widrick
Executive Producer, GrowingBolder.com

Popular Posts