Journal page-
These samples are on their way to Frenzy Stamper in Scottsdale, where I will be May 2nd through the 4th teaching five workshops: Day by Day Journal, Little Book of Faux Monoprints, Snippets Book, Goin' Postal: Mixed Media Mail Art and Fukoro Toji: Little Bound Book. I can't wait!! I will also be doing these same workshops, June 13-15th at Stampers Warehouse in Danville...Really looking forward to it!!! :)
Yesterday was a long day...left early in the morning and didn't get home til 9 last night. Tristan's ortho appointment was yesterday. Those of you that have heard the story (or those who don't care), scroll down and ignore me. My kid's mouth is messed up. Poor munchkin. We are hoping a special device will help his mouth-his upper palate is narrow and too "hole-y". His front teeth are too far apart. His bottom palate isn't 100% curved the way it should be. So on top of wearing braces for 2 years and a retainer for one, he'll have to wear a special device in his mouth to fix this first problem. If the problem isn't corrected, they may have to extract teeth which scares the shit out of me...Hopefully, he'll be ok without any surgery or missing teeth. It's gonna be $3500 for his braces (they look like the same damn things I had on except he has his choice of colors in bands), retainer and the whole nine yards. Not sure what the use of having dental insurance when they don't cover braces...I'm hoping at this point he will be ok.

After the dentist, he had been asking to go to the Lego store, so we obliged. He used his gift card and had a blast. Braces and ortho appointment totally forgotten on his part.

I also stopped at Zinnia in So. Pasadena. Good timing as they had just received these labels in. I love that store!! An artist's delight!! Plus, everyone is just so darn nice and fun to talk to!!!
I also had to pick up some goodies for a friend and so I stopped at Paper Source and got a few things for her and a few things for me:

It's been one of those days where I have been puttering and trying to get everything done that I need to get done, but it seems like everything is in piles and the piles are like rabbits.

I finally said fuck it all and just laid in bed for 30 minutes and read more of Time Traveler's Wife. Of course it is near the end-the final 3/4 of the book where I spend most of it in tears. I love this book and it's rare that I get so attached to characters like this...I almost hope they don't make it into a film...

*****

Five years later and we're still there. More Winter Soldier testimonies here.

I was looking up quotes by Percy Bysshe Shelley last night and found this one:

"Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder."

The Jonathan Miller's series on PBS last night. I think the best part of the series was Bernard Hill's reading of the various quotes. While I enjoyed watching the series, the end of it left an extremely bad taste in my mouth. Miller seemed to parrot and echo what most of the major political "leaders" are saying about a specific religion, doing finger pointing, and that was extremely upsetting to me. All in all, the series is worth watching and if you can't find it on PBS, you can find it on Youtube in clips...

Arthur C. Clarke has died. Damnit, I hate when we lose another writer especially one of
his caliber and magnitude...You can see a message he taped back in December
here.

Comments

beth said…
I'm so glad the ortho has started for Tristan...it will be a long haul, but all worth it in the end.

Kids are so good about all that kind of stuff...they just go with the flow.

I can't wait to see the progress !!

And wow, I wish I could take some of your classes from you.....

I'm still going to plug you for Valley Ridge !!!!
Anonymous said…
oh, poor T! i had a pallet spreader. my front teeth were facing each other. and i had a bunch pulled. and you'd never know it 'cuz my teeth are crooked. if he needs the spreader, just give him tylonol (sp) 30 mins before to take the edge off. it was worse for my mom than it was for me. he'll be okay.

~shosh
Unknown said…
Hi Kelly,

I got lambasted the other day that i visited blogs but never left a comment... Anyhow, been following the braces saga. My mouth was too small for all my teeth and I had to have 4 pulled. All on the same day if I'm correct. I wore braces for 2 years and a retainer for one and wha la! Beautiful smile.

I'm going to check out your classes at Frenzy.

Marissa
Kelly Kilmer said…
Thanks Beth, Shosh & Marissa!!! I appreciate it!! :)
Jeane Frizzell said…
Good luck to Tristan. I can't wait to see teh samples at Frenzy!!!

Popular Posts