These were unfinished on my blog the other day. I finished them tonight at the library...I've been to the library twice this week. It's a great place to get art work done-and a lot of it. Not only did I finish these two pages from the other night but I also started the one below with family pictures to hopefully address the issues I have about my Aunt's death.


That's my Aunt Joni in her Easter Best standing outside the door...with my Mom and my Uncle Jack standing on the inside. Not sure where I'm going with this but should be an interesting ride...
On to good news, I spent some time this morning with one of my Fort Collins' buds, Venita Hawkins-Bird. We had a BLAST!! We started our morning off with some breakfast at the
Firehouse Cafe in Venice. This is the second time I've been here and it still as good as I remembered it from when Tristan was in a stroller and my Mom was there with me. Venita and I chatted and chowed down on some good food (me: omelet and potatoes. Venita: spinach pancakes and potatoes). Afterwards, we headed on over to Sweetpeas and Snapshots which I hadn't been to in a long time but thought Venita would love it-and she did. They were having a great sale on 12 x 12 paper, so I picked some up (I always need paper and stuff for classes so the sale was an added bonus!!). Next stop was Dick Blick on Santa Monica Blvd. I had yet to see the inside of the new location and running into my friend Kat was an added bonus (Hi Kat!!)! Venita and I had a great time walking up and down the aisles talking about a collaborative project we are going to work on. I walked out with some canvas panels and 4 parent sheets of papers. For some reason, I have a hard time going hog wild at Dick Blick. There's never much that I 'need' that I can't buy at Nova Color. Last stop before driving Venita back to her hotel for work later on was at Gene de Chene bookstore. It's one of my favorite bookstores and Samantha always has some cool finds in the store. Venita and I had fun checking out various tomes and knocking books over (oops). I'm looking forward to seeing Venita again tomorrow morning before she heads on back to Fort Collins. I miss my Fort Collins buds and am looking forward to my trek there in November! Venita is an extremely amazing artist (not to mention a FUN FUN FUN!! Person to be around.) She's working on a website and as soon as it's finalized, I'll add it to my links on the right. :)

*****

Oh! And lastly, if you are so gracious to take the time to leave a comment on this blog (be it good or bad), please be courteous enough to actually sign the comment and not just leave it "anonymous". Thanks. I'd appreciate it.

Comments

&rew said…
Oh my goodness! Lots of eye candies and I hope I don't get cavities!! LOL. &rew
Anonymous said…
Great pages! I have trouble in Blick's too...but not for the same reason. It's my favorite place to shop online, but now that I live so close to an actual store, I come out short. I think it is because it is so crowded in there...hmm..not sure, but something is up in there. Love you work!
Judy Wise said…
I can't wait to take a class from you. I love your pages and you get them together so quickly. I need help with that. BTW, I read what you said to "anonymous" and I say right on! Giving advice is a no no. Giving anonymous advice is an OMG!!!! xoxo
sf said…
So, you just sit down at the library table and break out the GluesticK?
Are all libraries willing to let ya?
Or do you have some freaky special cool library arting juju?
sarah
ps
Hmmm, musta missed Anonymous' advice! Shite, must read more regularly. . .
sarah (still!)
lklight said…
Ok, you don't suck anymore, got my gel pens in the mail yesterday & I love them!

Popular Posts