More Journal pages-



I had a GREAT time the last 2 days with my friend Venita from Fort Collins, CO. I picked her up this morning and we hit Paper Source (I was very well behaved especially since I'm going to Arizona next week and need not only gas money but funds for Frenzy Stamper and Paper Studio. Tristan can I eat. I don't need to. *wink*). LOTS of talking this morning. I dropped her off at the airport. (Anyone know WHAT was going on at LAX this morning?!?! There were LAPD cop cars at EVERY terminal. VERY weird. I've never seen it like that before!!) It was a blast seeing her and I'm looking forward to seeing her in November at Artists' Nook!

I finally got my Teesha journal booklets yesterday. My original set was lost in the mail (I still think my mailman or a neighbor is reading them) and so Taryn was kind enough to send me a replacement set. I haven't had time yet to really sit down and look but they do look like a lot of fun. I like the size (I have been thinking small for my zine too and this is a cool size for your purse or art bag!)

I bought David & I the Twin Peaks box set for Christmas. I *love* that show. It's always been one of my favorites. We watched the pilot for the first time in eons a couple of days ago. Why don't they make TV like this anymore? Well, these days they're not making ANY TV, right writers (waving at *you* and honking her horn as I drive by the Studios!!)

In other news, Dreamhost still has my $ and haven't refunded it yet. Thanks Dreamhost! Thanks for billing me twice for services not due until May 2008 and May 2009. I appreciate it! Update: I checked my bank account on noon on Saturday and the $ was finally being "credited".

Oh yes, the journal pages above were all made at *drum roll, please* the local library. Yes, you too can make journal pages at the library. All you need:

A glue stick (I like the "permanent" kind)
Scissors
Metal ruler (rip rip tear tear)
Stuff for the pages
Pens your favorite pens (like Jet Pens, maybe?)
Baby wipes for all your gluey hands
...don't forget to clean up after yourself when you leave. I churned out about 7 pages while I was there this afternoon.

Teaching my About Face class this Sunday at The Art Bar...there's still room, FYI! :)

VERY interesting book mentioned on today's Democracy Now! Gotta scope it out at the local library...I know LAPL has it...

****
Update!! OMG!! OMG OMG OMG!!!
Holy crap!! It's 8:30 pm. Our "Favorite Neighbor" just got home. I'm sitting on the 'puter trying to get work done and two women come up the stairs VERY loudly in their heels. They start banging on "favorite neighbor's" door. He opens it and one of the women asks him where her money is. He says he doesn't have it. They go back and forth. The women both leave SCREAMING at the top of their lungs "I want my Effing money! You stole from me! I'm a single mother!" etc... My mouth has hit the floor completely. Hopefully he will be gone soon...cross your fingers!

Taylor, pack your bags! There will be an empty apartment soon-I hope, I hope, I hope!!!

Comments

Ro Bruhn said…
LOVE the journal pages, so much pattern and detail. Hope your neighbour moves on soon.

Popular Posts