It's been a GREAT mail week. Look what I got in the mail yesterday!! PAPER from The Paper Studio! I was going to wait until my trek to Frenzy Stamper in Scottsdale in October (I can't wait!!) to hit Paper Studio but after thinking that they are having the big journal event in early October, I decided I'd better order what I want now!


Then, look what came today: An eye popping-ly decorated package from my friend, Andrew in New Jersey!
Look how cool this is?!?!?! I was tickled pink, needless to say! Gorgeous handmade paper in pink (and yellow as well!!!) just for ME. Andrew told me he was compiling a goodie box for me in my favorite color and he (obligingly) added a dash of yellow-another favorite color. Yellow is SO hard to find as far as handmade and decorative papers go. Ever notice that? Yellow and orange!! Weird, eh?
I am quite eager to start ripping up and using several of the beauties in this package! Even the package itself was wrapped in pink, nestled in pink and overflowing with pink. Totally made my day!!!
Aren't these gorgeous?? Andrew made me color copies of several of his handmade papers, itajime. You *must* check out his blog and his website. He's one of my favorite artists and an all around nice guy!!! Thanks Andrew for your generosity. Your package is going out in the mail tomorrow (Yes! I do trade papers and fun stuff from time to time if anyone is interested! Andrew wanted me to tell you that he does too!!)
I'm blaming Tammie for getting me into trouble and whipping out my credit card (that I shouldn't be using!!) and ordering this book from England, Julie Arkell's yummy book filled with her artwork. Oh YUM. I can't believe how fast it shipped.
OK, You all know I've had Jesse Reno's book for almost two months and how much I LOVE it...

But, look! A coloring book by Jesse Reno. Powells in Portland had it for $5, and well, I couldn't resist.

*****

One of my favorite artists, Bwana Spoons has a blog, a website and a shop.

*****

Hit Meltdown Comics and found this little nugget that I had been looking for, The Magical Life of Long Tack Sam. It resembles a journal. I can't wait to dive in and read it! I thought it was worth picking up just because of the style and lay out.

*****

Baby hedgehogs and ultra cool art! Who could ask for anything more?

Comments

Anonymous said…
who doesn't love a good book; especially when it's only $5.!
love
Shoshanah said…
oh great. another kelly post that costs ME money. : P
&rew said…
(sigh) your book posts are so dangerous! I just ordered 4 coloring books and one book. I just can't resist.

:-)
Tara's Art Camp said…
thank you for sharing the julie arkell book, I am in love!!! Thank you for showing the pages, do you still like it after owning it for a while?

I did a search and just love her papier mache creatures.
Kelly Kilmer said…
Yes! I still love looking at Julie's book-it is very inspiring!!!
martha brown said…
The Julie Arkell Book is sold out :( But thanks for sharing some pics! It looks wonderful!
Anonymous said…
What a fabulous package Kelly, I love your purchase from Paper Studio too. Thanks for always sharing your wonderful book finds, I think I might have to get that book by Julie Arkell :)
treena said…
Hello, love reading your blog helps inspire me in the uk, i too love julie arkell. and will check out the other artists
HappyDayArt! said…
Kelly Hi,

Hey, I have the coloring book and his second book now. I also have the Arkell book too. I love then all. I wonder what your book shelf looks like. Full?

I just did Jesse's class and it was so much fun. I thought of you and hope AU was really fun too.

Catherine

Popular Posts