Wednesday's Post (and yes, I know it's only Tuesday night):


I figure since I'm going to be getting on a plane nice and early (ugh) tomorrow (double ugh to getting up early AND to getting on a plane), that I should post tonight. I'm posting earlier then I wanted to as I want to finish up watching The Battle of Algiers with David tonight (as we started watching it last night).

New book alert! Another Patterns book by Drusilla Cole. (I have been lusting after this one but haven't been able to find it in my travels YET...anyone have one to trade/sell?). The new book comes out the end of April, and YES, I will be looking for it! In our travels this afternoon (David twisted my arm hard enough to trek out to The Illiad bookstore in No Hollywood today), I found a copy of Memory: Lace Designs-A version of Textile Decoration from 1920 to 1030. I couldn't find a picture online of it or any info other then it sells for $159 which is $130 more then what I paid for it! What is interesting about it, I'm not a "lace" person but this is more like "doodles" then "lace". I loved it when I saw it. I will take some pictures of it-it's very interesting. I also snagged another copy of Burroughs' Gentleman Junkie which I had sold a copy of years ago (read: broke). What I've loved about that book over the years isn't the content but the "look". It looks like an artists' journal or book. It's really cool graphics speaking. It was only $10 which is more then what it sells on amazon but I was just happy to have another copy of it. Lastly, I did trek out to Meltdown. That damn Swallow 3 Book by Ashley Wood that I talked about last week kept calling out to me! It's so rare to find a several page spread on several of my fave artists in one publication that I "needed" it.

I am trying to chill out on my book purchases but it's so hard when not only I collect but David collects books. It's our "thing" to do. Some people go to restaurants, movies, whatever-we go to bookstores. Book addicts we are!! And Yes, I DO read them over and over again.

Bags are packed. I'll be in the New England area around 7 ish tomorrow night-happy to be on the ground. I will be updating from Boston (well, Braintree, MA) on a daily basis! (Gotta keep sane somehow...). Go make some art or somethin'.

Comments

Popular Posts