A page from Saturday night's journaling spree:Full two page spread (note: I treat each page entirely on it's own. I'm often asked if I try to make everything a two page, matching spread and I don't!)
My "art bag" that I am working out of at the moment (note: rulers are for tearing not measuring).
One of the reasons I am not working on my "art table" at the moment (it's filled with stuff I've bought, stuff I am clearing out, stuff I am working on, stuff I need to throw out):

If anyone is interested in ordering some of the Caran d'ache crayons that I mentioned above, drop me a note. I hadn't planned on it but if there is enough of an interest, I could order sets of 60 OR a set of "Kelly's favorite colors" the 10 colors that I use again and again. For those of you in AZ, Debbie @ the Frenzy Stamper sells the crayons; Christine @ The Artists' Nook in Fort Collins, CO has had 'em; Marie @ The Stamp Act in Marshfield, MA has had 'em. Be careful about ordering them online (if it's not from me) make sure that they are the Caran D'ache Neo Art Watersoluble Wax Pastels. They are FAT crayons (not skinny at all! FAT chunky crayons) Retail is about $4.50 PER crayon. I have had people email me telling me that they got a deal and bought the whole set of 60 for $75. Wrong set!! Just so ya know...

OK Off to today's topic(s)-

Time Change. Ain't too happy about it. It's messed up my sleeping. I slept today until 10:30! Eeps! (Of course I go to bed really late but I don't like sleeping that late unless I am exhausted and have spent a weekend teaching and traveling!)

The heat-we won't talk about that. (grumble)

I started making a new journal last night. I am THREE pages away from finishing this one. I don't know what I"m thinking but the spine of the new journal is huge and I have 25 pages to sew in it. 25 pieces of paper is 50 pages! EEPS. Not sure what I was on last night. I am still deciding on chopping the spine down and making a smaller book. Those of you that know me, know that I usually get 1/2 way through a journal and get bored or get itchy pants-ready to move on to another book...so I am still up in the air about what I am going to do.

Finished my Joe Jones book by Anne Lamott last night. God, I love her writing. Then spent the rest of last night puttering looking at other books and wondering what to do.

I have a ton of stuff "to do" and that's part of my problem. I will be leaving for Danville a week from Thursday...Then the following Wednesday, I leave for Boston. ACK. I love teaching. Hate the traveling to and from. Why can't someone actually "beam me up"? Please? They probably wouldn't be able to beam up all of my art crap though ;)

****

More on Mayor Bloomberg and the fire in NYC. New Yorkers speak out here.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi kelly:
Your photos and description about caran d'ache crayons is helpful. I purchased a set from you over 3 years ago--I love these crayons;you are right though, there is something about removing these crayons from box that is difficult for me. I like your suggestion about removing the crayons from box; I want to keep my set of crayons in pristine shape (for some odd reason); as such, I am interested in possibly buying a set of 10 crayons just to lug around in my backpack/laptop carrier. Please photograph the top 10 colors you are recommending and let me know what you will charge for these colors plus shipping to the Bay Area.
Thanks
mukijl@aol.com
Anonymous said…
It corks my ass to no end this real estate stuff.
I watched the effin military grounds in san pedro sit empty for YEARS - and every time i drove by - i said women and children could be living in this and nothing
now the land is sold and supposedly some 2 thousand new homes are being built
do you think any of that is low income? of course not!
i don't how people can afford homes.. and what puzzles me is that these homes are built and NONE of them sit empty
just once i'd like to see something built and then oh, no one can afford it - maybe we should make it reasonable
i myself have lived in garages and motels (yes, i had a real 40 hour a week job) but couldn't afford to rent a studio -then i figured to rent a room from someone's house - but that was a whole another story...
i frequently see people living in garages in my town - sorry for ranting - but the whole affordable housing thing sets my teeth on edge to put it mildly
and truthfully - it doesn't have to be this - i do not understand why as a society that we set it up this way
now my head hurts
time for a cuppa tea
~jolene said…
Kelly, THANKS for your mini-tutorials...today I went out and bought some of the pens you recommended!

You have got some good Karma going 'round and 'round with your kindness!

Your newest pages ROCK MY WORLD, as usual!
Shelly Atkinson said…
I am interested in finding out more about these crayons....not sure what you would do with them...can you explain and show more art where you used them....as I am interested.....how much would it cost for me to get enough crayons to work with them...and have them shipped to Canada? Do you take Paypal?

thanks
Shelly
Nova Scotia
Anonymous said…
I'm loving the journal you're working on...the art is so delicate and feminine but the quotes are about strength and power...love the juxtaposition of that. And I had to giggle at your photos, as my art table looks similar at this moment. In the first one, where you're working out of the bag, I had to look hard to locate the bag! :) Ah, a kindred spirit...
Kelly Kilmer said…
I started with a few crayons. When I found out that there were more crayons then just the 30 set (I went out and bought the rest of the crayons I was missing "open stock"), I was on a quest. The only reason I started ordering the 60 set was because they were so darn hard to find!
I will be posting more info on my blog-colors, prices, etc... in a few days since I've had a few requests.

Thanks again
Kelly
Anonymous said…
Your work is amazing Kelly! I just love all the colour and pattern and everything on top of each other, can't wait to see what you come up with in the dollshouse project =)

Popular Posts