Sorry, Dorit for this post but I promised! Just cover your eyes and don't read this!! :)

Soooo, as I said yesterday, we went out for the first time in a week. We hit Meltdown Comics on Sunset (we were good), Mel's Diner (for supper), Book Soup (food for the soul!) and Borders (hubby wanted to look at 'puter books).

Most of my time at Book Soup was spent pouring over the Peter Beard book I wrote about yesterday. (All of you guys that think I would spend $2500 on a book you're all nuts. I don't have $2500 and if I did, it would go to fix my one and only car that needs a new engine!!)
Well, I walked all over the store. I think I spent at least 30 minutes in their art section alone (not including pouring over the Beard book)...I was good until... I managed to find two really cute little Japanese books in the Fashion section (they had at least 2 or 3 copies of each of the titles). They were about $14 each. They're called Fashion Market I and Fashion Market II by Yi-Ying Wang. They remind me of the Paumes books that I ordered from Japan last year that I adore. They're soooo tiny and cute. I KNOW that this means I am in serious trouble when I go downtown L.A. to the bookstores there. EEPS.

THE Find of the day was Graphic issue 10 at Borders. It's a decent size adless (Hallelujiah!) magazine from the U.K. The whole issue is diaries, notebooks, sketchbooks, journals. My jaw dropped when I saw it. YUM oh YUM. $30 plunked down. (Who the hell needs to eat this week! I NEEDED this magazine).

Earlier in the day I had received my copies of The Goddess Guide that I had read about on the Cruststation Blog, I heart that blog!!! I flipped through it and the design of it is adorable. The book is smaller then I thought it would be. For some reason I had "storybook size" in my head but it's maybe 6 x 8" but there are over 270 pages. It is adorable. I love the layout, design and feel of the book.

OH! One book I found but did NOT buy *yet* was The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick. Oh WOW. It's one of the most amazing books I've ever seen. I LOVE the illustrations. I also love the story...I flipped through most of it and the story is charming...even my husband the film buff agreed it is one to keep an eye out for at one of the local used bookstores...Yummy, indeed! I would like to get it not only for Tristan, but for me!

There are my splurges for the week...I'll be at Violets in Ventura tomorrow (Saturday) with TWO classes 805 648 7610 and Sweetpeas and Snapshots on Sunday! There's still room in all of the classes this weekend, I think!

Oh God, now my husband is asking to go back to Borders. Will this madness EVER end??



Comments

sf said…
WAAAAAHHHHH!!!
We have no Borders (haha that sounds funny).
I am so very wanting to see Fashion Market I and II. Dang. After you posted about the Paumes books last time, I ordered some --- the people there were super nice and I love those little books. Trés inspiring.
sf
Anne said…
Oh, I'm so glad you found the book, Kelly. I haven't seen it yet but from what you've commented I think I'll have to find it TODAY and make it MINE, all mine.

Anne
Anne said…
Ooooo - I'm so glad you found the book, Kelly. I haven't seen it yet but from your comments I think I'll have to find it TODAY and make it MINE, all mine. lol

Anne

Popular Posts