Reform School Rules!David, Tristan and I trekked on over to Reform School Rules (it really does!! I *heart* that shop!!!!) to see the amazing Lisa Congdon's one woman show School Daze. I *heart* Lisa Congdon's artwork!! She *is* amazing. The little intricate details. The way she utilizes her images to move your eye around the page. Awesome totally inspiring artwork!!

As a bonus, my friend Ruth was there {Hi Ruth} with her husband, Colin and her wonderful Dad!!! (Ruth, your Dad is exactly as I pictured him!! Nice guy!!!)

LOL I'm a slow turtle though...I was the first one in the door for the show but by the time I figured out where the price list was (15 minutes later) what I could afford grew legs and walked away (we're having car troubles again *grumble* so I am limited...grrr) fast. I did get a copy of Jill Bliss' Treelets book that I *really* wanted. I was very happy to find that!

Had a great day teaching out at Violets in Ventura. Thanks to Violet and the Gang out there!! I'll be at Sweetpeas and Snapshots tomorrow 12 to 5 teaching my Woman's Notebook class...probably the last time for awhile I'll teach it since I have a LOT of new ideas floating around in this little head o'mine...

Oh, and found this little tidbit on Eddie Campbell's blog. Oh man, and my husband wants to schlep around the hardcover edition of From Hell at Comic Con in July in hopes that (if Eddie is there) that he'll sign it. After the time Eddie asked me what was wrong with my back (as I had to do some damn contortionist's act so that my husband could get HIS books out of MY backpack-we have to schelp around backpacks at Con...grumble...) I am NOT going to be the one to lug THAT around. Sorry, David honey, I love you but NO!

I'm exhausted...off to get into my pj's. I headed straight for the 'puter when I walked in from the show! Then off to snuggle with my Howard Zinn book (weird, lately I can't read my art books in bed as they make my mind move too much before I go to sleep...Zinn makes me THINK but in a whole different way. It's that whole left brain right brain thing, I guess...).

Lastly, more cool art to scope out. I saw Bwana Spoons' art two years ago at San Diego Comic Con and went nuts. I'd love a full color zine of his collage work!!!

Comments

Popular Posts