The Illustrator's NotebookBeautiful beautiful book by artist Mohieddin Ellabbad. Skylight books in Los Feliz *had* a copy tonight, now I have a copy (smug grin). In all honesty, I love this independent bookstore and I have a hard time not finding something every time I am there. Sooo tonight I walked out with that for myself (for Valentine's Day from David and Tristan) and I bought David the Wholphin DVD from McSweeneys for Valentine's Day.

We trekked out today to Pasadena (my brilliant idea). Luckily I didn't find anything new at Mimio's or Paper Source or B & Noble or Vroman's that jumped out at me. Phew. Wallet saved.

BUT I do not think I will be visiting Old Town Pasadena any time soon as it is reminding me WAY Too much of Santa Monica's 3rd Street. NO FRIGGING BATHROOMS ANYWHERE. What the H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS??? I will never forget a couple of years ago being in Santa Monica walking around 3rd street wondering where all of our lovely used bookstores went to...looking up at huge conglomerate butt ass ugly chain stores. My son looked at me and said "I have to go to the bathroom." I think he was 5 or 6. OK, honey, we'll go to the bookstore. So we go into Huge Corporate Suck Ass Bookstore #1. They have officially CLOSED their bathrooms (that used to be on the second floor (or was it 3rd floor, they WERE There)) to the public. OK. So then we go to Huge Corporate Suck Ass Has No Style or Charm Bookstore #2 NO BATHROOM suddenly anymore either. OMG. What is a Mom to do? I honestly thought of having Tristan pull a "Big Daddy" moment and just have him do his business on the sidewalk in front of the stores that meanly had said NO bathroom. Luckily even though we had to go into the damn mall, blocks away, we found a bathroom.

Well, now Pasadena has followed suit. In an effort to drive the homeless away, the brilliant minds that be have decided to close most public bathrooms. BASTARDS! WHOSE brilliant idea is it to have stores close bathrooms so that no one can use them? Guess what? Don't go sitting on any benches in Santa Monica! I've seen homeless folks do their business on the benches because they don't have anywhere else to go, in addition to seeing them do their business on the streets. ARGHHHHHHHH I am so very ashamed at times to be a part of the human race. I'm thinking of writing letters to both the mayors of Pasadena and Santa Monica telling them that I am going to be taking my business (read: MONEY ha ha ha not something else as my husband pointed out) elsewhere until this has been fixed. I can't think of the last time I was in Santa Monica but we do go to Pasadena often...maybe I'll just stick to South Pasadena!!

There is no reason to treat any human being like that. When you have to go, you have to go!!

Comments

Dang Kelly... you should've let Tristan piss on their display windows... it's at times like these that I wish I had a... never mind...

Hugs,
Adriane
Kelly Kilmer said…
LOL, the problem was, it was BOTH of the men in my life that had to go. All I had in my head was the scene in Big Daddy when Adam Sandler and the little boy did their business in front of the restaurant that wouldn't let them use the potty!!!
I *really* felt like having them do it, and I told David that!!! (LOL, but there's no way in hell that either one of them would ;) but the thought!!!)
God that would've been funny! What a photo-op...

Hugs,
Adriane

Popular Posts