I am a self proclaimed paper whore.


Yes, I am a total paper addict. I'm obsessed!!


Even one of the workers at Pulp on La Brea in LA (ooooohhh a store that has AMAZING paper on the first floor AND on the second floor), TOTALLY agreed with me (after not one but TWO recent purchases).

How scary is that?

Weird thing is, I recognized the guy and asked him how I knew him. He told me that basically he has worked at pretty much every art or paper store I have ever frequented. LOL!!! How FREAKY is that?? I'm NOT following HIM from job to job I am a paper whore!! I sniff it out.


I spent several hours on the floor this afternoon tearing papers for my Comp/Design 101 class tomorrow night (Wed) at Stampin' From The Heart. My back hurts but hey, I'm still in my pjs and comfy robe so I guess I'm happy!


At least I can stand up and proclaim proudly, "I am a paper addict. I don't do drugs, smoke or drink BUT I am obsessive over paper."

Um, by the way, has anyone seen the above paper locally *anywhere* in L.A.? Any paper stores in L.A. that you'd recommend other than: Paper Post, Paper Source, Mimio's, Soolip, Pulp...**what am I missing?? Where do YOU go?

Comments

Angie in AZ said…
OK Ms. Paper whore, you actually sound worse than me... so please share you secret of how the heck do you organize and store all of your "drug of choice"? This problem is completely paralyzing me and I need HELP!!!!If you have any advice, I'd love to hear it!

And gosh, this paper is so gorgeous! I'd love to have a shirt made like that! Has a very oriental feel to it to me. Sorry I can't help you find it!
Kelly Kilmer said…
Hey Angie,
LOL I know that Kate's Paperie in NY has the paper that I put on my blog...but I want to see if I can find a source for it locally!
My big thing about paper. When I buy it, I fold it into quarters. When I get home, they get ripped up right away. IF I think I might want to save one for a book, I might leave it folded OR rip it in 1/2 instead of in 1/4. I will put a sheet or two into my bag that I bring with me to use when I teach and then the rest goes into my big laundry style bag that I have. I keep my handmade papers turned on the side (almost looking like a file folder). I have a skinny pink suitcase and an old sewing machine case that i have FILLED with all sorts of different papers.
I don't sort by color or anything like that-that's not me!!
I will have to make a blog entry about this!!!
Paper Storage!
Thanks for the next blog post, Angie ;)

Popular Posts