I haven't posted as I've been quite busy here in Braintree, MA. My family tends to keep me running around like a chicken without a head :)

This past weekend I taught at The Rubber Chicken Stamp Art Store in Maryland. WOW! Betsy & Dan have an awesome store! They pack it with the neatest, funkiest, artiest stamps...I got into a lot of trouble :) The students were awesome and it was a fun experience. I'm really looking forward to going back to the store again!! Thanks Betsy & everyone!!!!

Yes, we drove! I don't recommend I 95-the New Jersey Pike or NY 95 on a Sunday night LATE!! EEPS. It seems at every toll stop in Jersey & NY, we sat for an hour. That was the only bad experience of the weekend. My sister was funny-when we left NY the last toll booth operator had her radio cranked...my sister said "Relay this message to the governor-this road SUCKS for the $$ we've spent so far!!!"
(it's like $20 in TOLLS!! GRR!! That's my paint money! each WAY!! is $20)

So other then that it was a great weekend!!!!

Monday I pretty much chilled out. We were exhausted. We got in about 4 am. I stayed up until 6 to make sure my Mom would get up for work (poor Mom :( ) but slept til about 1..I honestly can't remember what else we did that day-eeps. Tuesday we went to set up at The Stamp Act in Marshfield where I will be teaching THIS Friday & Saturday...I can't wait-as you can tell by the fact that they let me set up a few days in advance!!! Marie & her parents had everything ready and are rarin' to go for this weekend!! The Postmodern Design trunk show was being set up when I left Tuesday afternoon. I'm lookin' forward to it-there are still some spots in some of the classes but the Text of Art class is either full or almost full! The other classes are pretty full too-but there's still room left! I have lots of stuff so we are set ;)

Today was also a "chill" day. It was so freakin' hot and humid (hmm just like L.A. when I left) here the last two days. I have been staying up late at night and sleeping in in the a.m., basically I'm still on LA time. I cleaned up Mom & Dad's house as my cousin, Robin, had a shoe party tonight. It was fun. I rarely buy shoes. I have bad feet and everything seems to tilt to the right, so I bought a pair of Quarks and some other shoes tonight...the Quarks were cuter then the Crocs are and the other pair are "dressy shoes" so that was nice :) Plus it's fun to hang out with my family & my sister's friends-it's like one big goober party!! we have fun :0)

Also got to go to New England Comics today...Auntie Erin (my sister) bought Tristan several of "The Tick" comics so he was in seventh Heaven...I was good-I left emptyhanded but saw some things I could have bought. I've tried to be good all week as it seems I owe everyone and their mother (including my own) money LOL

People don't seem to realize how much it costs to teach a class. I bought $600 in paints for Maryland and Massachusetts-in the hopes that it will last again when I come back in October...yet I'm always asked "do you have this color?" "is this all the paints"?, etc... So the next time you wonder why the class costs so much :) figure out how much the paints, stamps and all of the supplies cost! I try my best to keep the class costs fair and reasonable so that everyone is happy. I don't really believe in huge supply lists (asking the students to bring things they have already is reasonable) but I don't want you guys having to buy stuff you don't know if you will ever use again! Sooooooooo I really hope that y'all understand why the cost is "X" amount...It's hard to "make money" doing this, but I really really enjoy it :) I'm not bitching, I just want people to realize this about teaching-it is expensive!! But it's fun :)

I can't wait for this weekend to be here-I love teaching at The Stamp Act!!!

I still don't have access to the digital camera so no pictures yet-I'm sorry! I wasn't going to post til I had the camera ready...

I have some new books I bought to list as "must haves"-coming soon...
Am busy working in my new journal. i can't wait to teach it as a class!!!!
So everyone stay cool, stay safe & stay outta trouble ;)

Comments

Popular Posts