Tea for Emily

This was posted on
www.rideforthem.com/by Emily's doctor, Dr. Samuel Blackman:

During her time in the hospital, Emily and I spent a great deal of time talking, sharing parts of our lives with each other, and trying to focus on things other than cancer. During the months of January and February, I severely curtailed my caffeine intake and started drinking tea. I became a big fan of Yogi Tea, in particular their Organic Black Chai and your Egyptian Licorice Tea. One night I was telling Emily about my recent transition to tea, and her face lit up when she told me about her favorite tea – Yogi Tea’s Egyptian Licorice. As I sat in her room during the last few days she was alive, I couldn’t help but notice a box on the windowsill. I have since been in touch with the people at Yogi Tea, and they have recently donated 600 boxes of tea to be used for fundraising in Emily’s name. We will be selling boxes of tea to raise money for the Pan-Mass Challenge, and as an added bonus, two of the 600 boxes of tea will come with a pair of tickets to see the Boston Red Sox! If you’re interested in buying a box of tea in Emily’s honor, please click here to Dr. Sam Blackman.
Please consider it as the money is going to an extremely good cause. You can find out more by clicking on the Ride for Them link. Most of you know that I have been writing about Emily since I started this blog. I hope that by posting this it will help Children's Hospital and the children there in some small way.-Kelly

I will post pictures on the blog when I get back from Danville of the things I have been working on :) (teaser teaser)

Comments

Popular Posts