Painting-

Smooshing

playing

swirling

spreading

plastering

swiping

smearing

splattering

"Playing" with acrylic paint is a life long lesson. People ask me "how much stuff can you do with paint?" or I've been told (and this one always feels like I've been stabbed in the heart) "I'm ready to move beyond just throwing paint on a page."

I've been doing this or about 10 years now. I'm not sick of it. I'm never sick of it. I'm always looking for the next step. The next mystical type moment when I feel like I'm actually a part of the page-dancing in colors, part of the layers. To me, art is all about the process. I don't care what the end result is. It's how I feel that is most important to me. I'm on a quest. I'm an artist. I'm on an eternal, internal quest trying to not only teach others, but teach myself-how far can you go with paint & paper? How far can you push yourself in expressing yourself on to the page/wall/canvas?
So those of you that ask me if I'm moving onto something else.

Nope.

I'm faithful.

I think I was born with a paint brush in one hand and a tube of acrylic in the other.

There are an abundance of "techniques" out there. I'm determined to figure them out. Why do y'all think I come up with so many new classes every 3 months? It's not always for you guys ;) Some times I'm being selfish and it's for me...wondering what someone else can do with techniques that I show them. That's the best part of teaching. I start you on your way some times...give you the little push that you need...and you guys give it right back to me. When you take classes, when you sign up it reinforces the idea to me that "someone really does care about what I'm doing", "Someone really does want to learn something new", "Someone really wants to push themselves and see what else they can carve out of the paint"...

These are my 11 pm rambles on a Thursday night...Of course my earlier rambles were wondering if I could find some money, space and persuade my hubby & son that we should be raising Alpacas somewhere. My God, they are beautiful animals.

Comments

Popular Posts