It's been kind of a mellow week. I've spent the last few days working on a new class I am hoping to debut next month (July). Name and info to follow shortly...I'm throwing several class names around...I have quite a few new classes I am eager to start teaching. Always keeps me fresh! :)

Remember the South Central Farmers. It's still going on. They still could be evicted, even though I think the majority hopes that they are not.

Lots of evictions going on lately it seems. Lots of elderly evicted from their homes in Venice, CA. There was actually a story about evictions on Democracy Now this morning. I get pissed when Pacifica plays 2 hours + of music every day instead of focusing on problems that effect a good majority of the people. Major landlords with the big bucks coming in, buying out and kicking people who have lived in their homes forever out all in the name of the almight dollar. Yup, it happens here. It happens every day.

I've had problems sleeping the last few days thinking of things in the world. I started reading Sinclair Lewis'
It Can't Happen Here. I read it for several nights in a row. It scared the shit out of me. If you haven't read it, you must. If you have read it, you know that there are things in this fictional book (which was written before WW2, by the way) that are happening here and now in 2006. Things happening in this world, in this country, that aren't fiction. Scary shit.

On to the fluff of my life...the stuff that keeps me somewhat sane....if you are interested in pure eye candy. It's only eye candy 'cause it's written in French and Japanese and I can't read it. Hubby can translate the French for me when I ask, so that's cool. My friend, Tammie Moore, turned me on to them. You have to order the books from Japan:

http://www.2dimanche.com/

The service was FAST FAST FAST. For five books with shipping it was about $83 US dollars, I believe. Shipping is cheap, too. $5 for any amount of books you order.

The books I ordered were

The parent's loved-chiselled gifts for their tiny ones (I love the translation of this one)
Kids' Room Paris
Paris Studios
Lady Artists' Studios

They are all little treasures. As I said before, I really can't read them, but I love looking at the pictures again & again. They're true eye candy.
If you have problems emailing them, email me and I will give you the contact info of the person that helped me. I would order again from them in a heartbeat!

Comments

sf said…
Kelly,
These look TOO swell. Can you give me the name of the person who helped you?
Thanks, luv.
sarah

Popular Posts