My friend, Tammie Moore is hostessing the most excellent charm swap! I can't wait to play!!!

One of my most favorite authors, Eduardo Galeano was on Democracy Now today. I really recommend "Book of Embraces". It's full of short snippets of illustrated stories. It's a true treasure for me!

Well, the week has pretty much been spent making collage grabbags, stamp grabbags, "stuff" grabbags...reading Invincible Summer by Nicole J. Georges I finished it last night. It's definetly a must read. I love the format of the zine too. Also have been trying to get rid of this damn cough that I have had for 2 1/2 weeks now. It hurts so much to cough when I go into a "fit" of coughing. Ugh. I stopped taking Alka Seltzer cold tablets 'cause they knock me out. I took them again Wednesday and Thursday night. David has to take Tristan to school when I take those darn things-I can hardly get up in the morning. Yucka! Any ways I am hoping that it goes away. I'm not sick or contagious-just can't get rid of the cough!

Tristan and I watched The Goonies last night courtesy of my sister. I forgot how "bad" that film was..but hey when you're a young girl of 11 when it comes out, you'd think it was the greatest film ever! My sister was always obsessed with it and she bought it for Tristan thinking he'd like it. He did-he laughed at all of the "funny" scenes-like Corey Feldman's character, Mouth "translating" to the Latina woman. It's a cute film but I forgot how choppy it was and how bad the editing was! Remember the end of the film when they mention the worst part being the "octopus"? LOL they cut that out of the film but left that part in! Tristan's head whipped around saying "WHAT Octopus?" It was in the deleted scenes part so we now know WHY the chopped it out. Any ways, I remember why it was such a great film when I was 11-Sean Astin, Corey Feldman AND Josh Brolin were all in it. LOL.

The photo is my "work table". LOL! So much for "work". I am now working on the floor since it gives me more space. I really need to clean my art area. That's been my goal all week with going through and getting rid of stuff. I am thinking about selling my taboret thing that I bought since there is so much "stuff" under my table that I have a hard time using it. I don't want to wheel it out and then have to move stuff under the table that's fallen to be able to stick it back in there. Yup, lazy is my middle name. Soooo if anyone wants one cheap & you're in L.A., drop me an email. It is bright orange but you can paint it. :) Or collage it!

Am looking forward to this weekend. Tristan & I are going to see Over the Hedge this afternoon. I've been waiting for this silly movie to come out for months now! So I can't wait to see it. I'm teaching in Agoura Hills tomorrow @ Paper Post and Stampin from the Heart in Culver City on Sunday. I think it'll be a fun weekend!!

Am planning my crazy summer! June I will be traveling up to Stampers Warehouse in Danville. I always think of that weekend as a mini vacation. Everyone is so laid back and wonderful to be with. If I had my way, we'd be living up there-in Berkeley. *sigh* Then in July I will be at The Rubber chicken Stamp Art Store in Maryland. That will be my first time there so I'm really excited about it! The first weekend in August, I will be back at another one of my favorite stores: The Stamp Act in Marshfield, MA. Marie, her parents and all of the wonderful customers there always make me feel at home so I am totally jazzed to be going back there again! Lastly in mid August there is the most wonderful week long event: Art Unraveled! I've been teaching at AU since it's inception and words can't describe how much I look forward to AU every year. Linda does an amazing job each and every year. The group that attends-it's like a big reunion with a ton of your friends. I'm also taking a class this year with Juliana Coles-her Repetition class. I'm looking forward to it. I've taken about a half a dozen classes with Juliana and I love her teaching style. I wish I had some time to take some classes with some of the other instructors like Anne Grgich, Traci Bunkers, Roben Marie, Sylvia, Terry Tyson, Bernie, etc... It's going to be a FUN week!!!

The only thing I am NOT looking forward to this summer is the heat. Ugh. I think it will be a really hot, bad summer. I really hope that I'm WRONG. They cut down the only tree in front of our building (grr one of the people in this apartment building complained about it. If these people would only complain about the REAL problems in this damn building, I'd be a lot happier!) Now, with the "shade" gone and the fact that there isn't any "cross breeze" in here, i'm dreading the summer. I was eyeing a free standing air conditioner the other day at Fry's...but am trying to figure out where the $ would come from to buy the AC AND pay for the bill each month.

"Are you ready for the summer???"
OK, actually my favorite line from Meatballs is "How could he have a hook for a foot?"
Yup. I am a goober.

Comments

Popular Posts