I mailed out almost all of the Valentine "ephemera" swap stuff today. Ack. I didn't ask for enough postage, I guess 'cause I had to shell out an extra $20 to cover a lot of the envelopes. *sigh* That's what happens when you're the hostess with the mostest (NOT). LOL. Those of you that are in the swap-be on the lookout ok? I am still going to be mailing off a few more that arrived late this afternoon, so no worries!

Hey, anyone know why someone can get arrested in THIS country for wearing a t-shirt with a number on it? That's MY thought/question/rant of the day.

Went to Staples today with my so called "Valentine" postcards in hand. I loveeeeeee their $.39 per page price especially when you can use the machine yourself. Needless to say I made a bunch of copies of my artwork...then I made my own 8 1/2 x 11" paper FROM the valentines. It was way too much fun. Took Tristan to Toys R Us to find something for him for his 9th birthday on Saturday. Amazingly enough, we didn't find anything and he didn't have the 'gimmee gimmees' and he didn't just buy something for the 'sake of buying something'. Sheesh. Can I learn something from this kid ;) I walk into mom and pop stores, feel guilty that no one is there and buy something. I don't do that at big name stores but only small stores. EEK.

Off to make vegetable soup and buns (wish they were cinnamon buns, oh well)...then can't wait to make MORE Valentines with the "new" paper I made LOL. I am weird.

Art tip of the day: Re use junk mail. Rip it to shreds. Glue it down. Paint over it. Stamp over it. Gesso over. Instant texture and funky backgrounds. I LOVE doing this. It's not "new" but man, it's fun...not to mention cheap.

Comments

Woo-hoo!!! It's your birthday!!! Well... not really, but I'm glad you took the plunge and decided to do the blog thing. I'll make a link on the site to it now. :) I love the informal quality of the blog... and it allows you to get on your soapbox if you are so inclined and no one can bitch about it because your airing it on YOUR blog, not a "public" list, and, assuming they're there and reading it, they are willing victims. Rock on with your bad self... ;) Hugs, Adriane
Kelly Kilmer said…
Adriane,
YOU rock!
LOL You had me freaked out with the birthday thing...I know I've been out of it today but I didn't think I was *That* out of it ;)
I emailed the exact same thing to my sister today-reiterating what you said ;)
Thanks Adriane
Hugs
k

Popular Posts